So tired of squats? The key to get rear is introducing new exercises that tone every inch of your backside. These Exercises target all the muscles in your glutes and hamstrings to give you a fitter, firmer butt. Get ready to look even sexier in those skinny jeans!
Add on your workouts with these 7 exercises that are sure to lift your backside from all angles.
1. Glute bridge
These effective exercise will help you feel how your glutes work in the move.
- Lay on your mat and bend your knees.
- Put your feet hip-distance apart but close to your butt.
- Pressing on your heels, lift your hips off the mat, squeezing your glutes at the top.
- Make an straight line by knees to shoulders.
- Lower your hips back on the mat.
2. Lateral leg raises
A good glute exercise you can do at home with just your bodyweight. It’s very simple.
- Begin on your hands and knees with your palms flat on the mat, shoulder-width apart.
- Engage your abdominal muscle, and slowly raise and straighten one leg up to the side until it is in line with the hip.
- Hold for several seconds and return to the starting position.
- Do not shift too much weight to the side and keep your back flat.
3. Reverse plank hip lift
The main targeted muscles are the abs, lower back, glutes, and triceps.
- Start in a reverse plank position with your back facing the floor.
- Put hands under your shoulders with fingers facing forwards.
- Push your feet into the floor focusing on driving the heels down.
- Keeping your arms straight, lift your hips off the floor and bring your body into a reverse plank,
creating a straight line from your chest to your feet. Lower back off.
- Engage your glutes and back muscles to lift your hips up.
4. Plank leg raises
The following workout will make your hip flexors and lower back work difficult.
- Begin in a high plank position with your feet hip-width apart.
- Lift your leg, being careful not to arch your back, and hold for as long as you can. Lower leg. Repeat.
- As you are doing the leg lifts, hold your spine in a neutral position.
keep your head in line with your neck.
- Breathe out and squeeze the butt muscles as you lift one leg.
5. Resistance band glute kickback
Glute kickbacks is bodyweight exercises that target the buttocks.
- Wrap the resistance band around one foot and keep the other end under your knee.
- With a flexed foot, toes pointing down toward the floor, extend and raise your left leg so your foot is higher than your butt.
- Engage your abdominal muscle as you slightly shift your weight to the side, but keep your butt steady.
- Carefully bring the foot back.
6. Fire hydrant
It is an single joint exercise that focuses on the gluteus muscles, also as your core to stabilize your body.
- Get down on your hands and knees with your palms flat on the mat, shoulder-width apart.
- Keep your back and neck straight and look forward. Keep your right knee at a 90-degree angle.
- Holding your knee bent, raise one leg out to the side until your thigh is parallel to the floor.
- Keep your pelvis stable.
- Then lower the leg to the beginning position.
7. Stiff leg deadlift
Basic deadlifts is considered to be one of the best types of workout for shaping your butt. In fact, them forces a lot of your muscles to work simultaneously.
- Stand with feet hip-width apart and evenly distribute weight on each foot.
- Hold a barbell or free weights in each hand and keep arms straight.
- Squeeze your butt muscles.
- Bend at your hips to lower your upper body.
- Push your butt back and keep your back flat.
- Your upper body should be almost parallel to the floor.
- At last, push through your heels to stand up straight.
Think of, building a better butt takes time and dedication, plus be sure you follow a healthy diet.