Perfect for your next party or game day, these mozzarella sticks are oozing with cheesy goodness! Take them to the next level by dipping them in my Quick Homemade Marinara Sauce . These are crunchy, gooey and quite satisfying!
- 12- 1 ounce mozzarella sticks (halved width-wise)
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup ground pork rinds (plain)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons garlic sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 whole eggs, beaten
- Grind your pork rinds in a food processor or mini chopper. Remove and set aside. Add cubes of parmesan cheese and grind till you get a granular consistency, like the pork rinds.
- Add all the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix using a hand whisk or fork, until well combined.
- Set up your breading station with the mozzarella sticks, beaten eggs and breading mixture.
- Dip each stick into the egg, then breading mixture, back into the egg and into the breading mixture again.
- Freeze for 30 minutes.
- If you are making homemade marinara sauce, you can make the sauce while the mozzarella sticks are in the freezer. See my recipe for my Quick Homemade Marinara Sauce .
- After 30 minutes, heat some light olive oil (or mild flavored oil) in a skillet on medium high. Fry the mozzarella stick for 3-4 minutes, then set on paper towels to cool slightly.
- Serve with your favorite low carb marinara sauce, or make a batch of my Quick Homemade Marinara Sauce . Enjoy!
Macros: Fat 16 grams – Protein 18 grams – Carbs 1 gram