Perfect for fall these keto pumpkin cheesecake brownies have a fudgy brownie base with a creamy pumpkin cheesecake topping. I don’t know about you but I’ve always loved brownie mashups, in college I used to make brownies that had a cookie base, then the brownies, then raw cookie dough on top all covered by a layer of hard chocolate. Talk about a sugar crash, those were the days.
Ingredients (makes 16 servings)
- 1 bar extra dark chocolate, at least 85% cocoa (100 g/ 3.5 oz)
- 125 g butter, ghee or coconut oil (4.4 oz)
- 3 large eggs
- 15-20 drops liquid stevia
- 3/4 cup powdered Erythritol or Swerve (120 g/ 4.2 oz)
- 1 cup almond flour (100 g/ 3.5 oz)
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp cocoa powder (45 g/ 1.6 oz)
- 1/4 cup ground chia seeds (about 3 tbsp whole chia seeds, ground) (30 g/ 1.1 oz)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cream of tartar or lemon juice
Pumpkin Cheesecake Topping:
- 1/2 cup cream cheese (120 g/ 4.2 oz)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (100 g/ 3.5 oz)
- 3 tbsp powdered Erythritol or Swerve (30 g/ 1.1 oz)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp sugar-free vanilla extract
- /8 tsp ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 175 °C/ 350 °F and line a 20 x 20 cm (8 x 8 inch) square pan with parchment paper.
- Break the chocolate into small pieces and add it and the butter into a small bowl placed over slowly simmering water.
When most of the chocolate has melted, remove the bowl and stir the chocolate.
- Place the eggs, stevia and powdered erythritol into a medium bowl and mix to combine.
- Next beat in the chocolate. Add in the dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Make the cheesecake layer by adding all of the ingredients to a medium bowl: cream cheese, egg, pumpkin puree, Erythritol, cinnamon, vanilla extract and ginger. Mix until smooth.
- Spread the thick brownie batter into the pan, top with cheesecake mixture and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Cool in the refrigerator until set. Cut into 16 squares and serve.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
Nutritional values (per serving)
Total Carbs 6.8 grams
Fiber 3.1 grams
Net Carbs 3.7 grams
Protein 5.2 grams
Fat 16.8 grams
of which Saturated 8 grams
Calories 184 kcal
Magnesium 49 mg (12% RDA)
Potassium 183 mg (9% EMR)
Source: Lauren Lester