Here is a quick heads up. Notice we said “lose belly fat”, and not “get rid of your belly fat fast”.
The purpose of this article is to give you abs workout that will help you lose stomach fat in a week. Lose Belly Fat In A Week With These Exercises.
When you think of exercises to reduce belly fat, the first one that most people think of is the sit up.
Crunches are a variation of sit-ups. While both of these exercises are abdominal exercises, sit-ups target other muscles too such as the chest, neck, lower-back and lower-leg muscles.
Crunches, on the other hand, target only the abdominal muscles.
This is more effective, hence our recommendation, considering all our work is focused on the target area.
How to do crunches
- Lie with your back flat on the floor with the soles of your feet on the ground and your knees bent.
- Keep your hands behind your head.
- Inhale deeply, and as you lift your upper torso off the floor, exhale fully.
- This completes one rep.
- Inhale again as you get back to the starting position, and exhale as you come up.
- You will do this for 10 reps as a beginner.
- Repeat for another two to three sets.
2. TWIST CRUNCHES
This is a simple modification of the regular crunches and it is as simple to perform. This exercise works on your abs and obliques while strengthening the muscles.
You would feel some heat in your core as you carry out this routine.
How to do twist crunches
- Lie on the floor and assume the same position as you did for crunches.
- Lift your upper torso as if you want to do crunches.
- But instead of lifting both shoulders, you will lift only your right shoulder towards the left side while the left side of your torso stays on the ground.
- Alternate this and lift your left shoulder towards the right, while the right side of your torso stays on the ground.
- This completes one rep and you are required to do 7 to 10 reps for 3 sets.
3. VERTICAL LEG CRUNCH
This amazing workout which is another variation of the normal crunch exercise is another great way to lose that belly fat at home.
It might seem a little tough but the payoff is well worth it. This is one exercise you should take seriously as it isolates your ab muscles for toning and strengthening.
How to do the vertical leg crunch
- Lie down flat with hands behind your head
- Raise your legs straight up to further tone your thigh muscles and hip flexor.
- You can cross your ankles too if you want. This will help involve your obliques in this exercise.
- Lift your upper torso from the shoulder blades to contract your abdominal muscles.
- Be sure not to bend your neck while you’re at it, so it doesn’t get sore
- Now slowly ease yourself back to the floor to complete one rep.
- Do 1 to 3 sets of 10 to 15 repetitions.
4. BICYCLE CRUNCH
We know what you are thinking, and no, you do not have to own or go out and buy a bicycle for this.
The name is derived from the way you move your legs while doing the exercise. This is another tasking exercise but as you know, the more you give, the more you get.
This exercise works your core, especially the lower abs muscles and obliques.
It requires good strength and some balance to correctly pull off. But once you get the hang of it, it becomes pretty much part of you.
How to do a bicycle crunch to lose belly fat
- Lie flat on your back, as with most other crunches.
- Keep your hands either by your sides or behind your head.
- Lift both your legs slightly off the floor.
- Now bend your right knee bringing it towards your chest and simultaneously move your left elbow towards it.
- While returning your knee and elbow to the starting point, move your left knee and right elbow in the same motion as before.
- This completes one rep. When you do this sequentially, it should look like you are paddling a bicycle.
- Do 10 to 15 repetitions of this for 3 sets.
5. PLANK BELLY FAT
We thought you might be fed up with lying on your back.
Planking does not even require lying down, so don’t worry, we won’t be asking you to lie on your chest.
This exercise strengthens and tones your abs muscles and more.
Depending on your fitness level, you will start feeling the heat in your abs after seconds.
How to do the plank exercise to lose belly fat
- Position yourself on a mat or on the floor with your elbows and knees resting on the ground.
- Your points of contact with the floor should be your forearms and your toes.
- Make sure your neck is aligned with your spine and you are looking downwards.
- Contract the knees, glutes, and core and keep your breathing normal.
- Since there won’t be movements, you won’t have repetitions. So, stay in this position for 30 seconds.
- This will represent one set and you will be aiming to complete 3 sets.
There are other plank exercises for belly fat you can do to target other abs muscles such as your obliques. A side plank is a great example.
It’s just as the name implies. You will rest on one arm instead of both such that your belly is facing sideways.
You should switch to the other arm to balance things out. Do that for 30 seconds per side. You can try the side planks too for good measure.
6. VACUUM EXERCISE
You know the concept of vacuuming, right?
For those who might not, to simply put, it is merely sucking in air. You probably are already imagining how that will apply to stomach exercise.
Don’t worry, we’ll tell you in a moment.
The stomach vacuum exercise is one that focuses on breathing, as you might have guessed, it is basically sucking in your belly for an extended period.
As unrealistic as it sounds, it works because you’re tensing the internal abs muscles.
The best part of the vacuum exercise for belly fat is that you can do it anytime and anywhere. Most of all, you can do it discretely.
Before we start, there are certain things you should keep in mind and the conditions to be met.
We want you to know that there are other vacuum exercises for belly fat, and we’ll be teaching you just one.
We decided on a variation that keeps you on your feet since you’ve been lying a lot.
How to do the stomach vacuum exercise to lose belly fat
- Stand upright with your legs shoulder-width apart.
- Now put your hands on your hips and exhale.
- The exhalation should push out all the air in your lungs while pulling in your stomach as far back as you can.
- Hold this position as well as your breath for about 15 seconds.
- Afterward, slowly release your stomach and exhale, through your mouth, until you get back to normal. This completes a set.
- You can try this for 3 sets.
7. WALKING EXERCISE BELLY FAT
Do you know that an activity as simple as walking when done at a steady pace for 30-45 minutes for at least four to five days every week increases your metabolism as well as your heart rate?
The higher your metabolism, the faster you lose calories and the fat accumulated around your belly. This means more walking equals flatter belly.
How to walk to lose belly fat
- Common! You really didn’t think we were going to teach you how to walk.
- Just put one leg before the other repeatedly and you’re a go.
- How hard can that get?
8. RUNNING BELLY FAT
Running gets you the same benefits as walking but faster. When you run as often as you walk, you burn calories way faster.
Burning calories reduces its accumulation in your body and burns fat too.
Though this exercise does not directly target your abs, it helps burn fat all over your body including your belly. If you keep at this routine for a week, you will notice a difference.
9. MOUNTAIN CLIMBERS
This is an exercise that targets your abs, the lower part especially, and it tasks your thighs too. As you practice this exercise, you strengthen and tone your abs muscles.
This will also help you burn the accumulation of fat in that area.
How to do mountain climbers to lose belly fat
- You will assume a position like you are about to start a pushup.
- Your palms should be on the floor with elbows locked.
- Now move one knee towards your chest, stretch it back and do the same with the other.
- Do this sequentially and it would feel as though you are climbing.
- Keep at this for 30 seconds at a time to complete a set.
- You will do this routine for 3 sets.
When it boils down to it, to successfully lose some stomach fat one week, these ab-exercises alone will not be enough. Our diet plays a big role in our lives and reflects on our physical bodies.
As such, a balanced and healthy diet combined with the exercises mentioned above will give you great leaps on your journey to burning belly fat.
Image source: Pixabay