Due to the super hot and humid weather in these two weeks, I decided to make this Lemon Grass Lychee Jelly to beat the heat. A very refreshing and delicious cold dessert with citrusy lime juice and lemon grass. This is a very simple recipe using konnyaku powder. Do try to make this jelly and enjoy this yummy treat in comfort with your family.
- 1 canned lychee reserved lychee syrup
- 120 g caster sugar
- 1 pkt konnyaku powder
- 2-3 stalks lemon grass
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- Remove the outer part of lemon grass, clean and bruise the white part with a knife.
- Drain lychees through a sieve, reserving syrup and top up with water to 950ml.
- Pour lychee syrup (950ml) into a pot, followed by konnyaku powder and sugar. Turn on heat and stir liquid till sugar dissolved with a hand whisk. Drop in lemon grass and keep stirring liquid until boil, at medium heat, Off heat and continue to stir liquid for another 2-3 minutes.
- Discard lemon grass. Add a small drop of rose pink colouring and lemon juice into it, stir well again.
- Drop one or two pieces of lychee into mould, then pour liquid mixture into it. Leave jelly to cool and set in the refrigerator for at leave 2 hours or when ready to serve.
A very refreshing and delicious cold dessert with citrusy lime juice and lemongrass to beat the hot weather
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes