I’m a huge fan of Mexican chocolate flavored desserts so this dairy-free and nut-free keto Mexican Chocolate Pudding does not disappoint. It’s a great after-dinner treat or a sweet breakfast option.
The silky rich texture is achieved by using potassium-rich avocados. Avocados have a subtle flavor that is easy to mask by using cocoa powder and spices. If you’re still hesitant about using just avocados, swap half of the avocado for coconut cream or mascarpone.
With a cinnamon overtone and a subtle hint of kick from a bit of cayenne, who doesn’t love a sweet and salty combo every once in a while?
Nutritional values (per serving)
Total Carbs 17.5 grams
Fiber 11.7 grams
Net Carbs 5.7 grams
Protein 4.2 grams
Fat 16.2 grams
of which Saturated 3 grams
Calories 195 kcal
Magnesium 84 mg (21% RDA)
Potassium 660 mg (33% EMR)
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (12%), protein (9%), fat (79%)
Ingredients (makes 2 servings)
- 1 large overripe avocado (200 g/ 7.1 oz)
- 1/4 cup cacao powder or Dutch process cocoa powder (22 g/ 0.8 oz)
- 1/4 cup confectioners Swerve or Erythritol (40 g/ 1.4 oz)
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 – 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract or 1 tsp sugar-free vanilla extract
- Place all ingredients into a blender and process until smooth.
- Spoon into two 4-oz (120 ml) jars and serve immediately or refrigerate.
- To store, refrigerate sealed of covered with a cling film for up to two days.