This Keto Fried Fish is seriously delicious! Eat it as is, or serve it on your favorite low carb bun with some tartar sauce for a delicious fish sandwich! You won’t believe that it’s low carb, gluten free and paleo friendly!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 4 people
- 1 lb White Fish cod, tilapia, or pollock work great!
- 3/4 cup Almond Flour
- Salt and pepper
- 2-3 tsp Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning For gluten free or paleo – you can substitute with paprika – or the seasoning blend of your choice
- 2 eggs beaten
- Oil for frying (you will need enough for about 1/2 inch in the bottom of your skillet) I used about ½ cup of beef tallow
- Heat the oil over medium high heat a heavy skillet. If you have an electric skillet, set it to 375 degrees F
- Set up the well beaten eggs in a rectangular dish. Then combine the almond meal, and Tony’s (or other seasoning) and place on a plate or shallow dish for dipping the fish.
- Using paper towels, pat the fish very dry, then season both sides with salt and pepper dip in the egg, then coat both sides in the almond flour mixture – shaking to remove the excess.
- Place the fish into the hot oil in the skillet. Allow to cook for about 2-4 minutes per side, depending upon the thickness of your fish.
- Remove to a platter, allow to cool slightly before serving.
Nutrition info for this recipe is tricky since the exact amount of egg, flour and beef tallow (or other oil) used will vary slightly each time it is prepared.
This is my best estimate based upon how much was left over when I cooked this. It’s also based upon using cod.
310 calories, 20.1g fat, 4.7g carbs, 2.2g fiber, 27.6g protein. 2.5 net carbs!