This low carb loaded broccoli cauliflower salad is a great dish to take to a summer picnic or party. Easy to make and only 1.9g net carbs per serving!
This recipe is pretty straight forward. You chop up your veggies and add them to a large bowl. In a separate bowl mix mayo, apple cider vinegar and Swerve (or other sweetener). Add the rest of your ingredients and the dressing and mix well. That’s it. Refrigerate until you are ready to eat.
I added pecans to give this salad more crunch but you can use pumpkin seeds, almonds or just omit them if you aren’t crazy about nuts.
The nutritional information for 1 serving is:
235 cals / 22.6g fat / 4.8g carbs / 2.9g fiber / 5.2g protein = 1.9g net carbs
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoons Swerve or other sweetener
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 cups raw broccoli
- 3 cups raw cauliflower
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 8 oz bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup raw pecan pieces
- In a bowl add the mayonnaise, Swerve and apple cider vinegar. Whisk to combine.
- In a large bowl add the dressing and all the other ingredients and mix well.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
Source: Denis Wright