Not overly familiar with what to use gnocchi in? Of course you can always use this and cut it to different shapes and sizes but it’s simple. Add it to soups (who doesn’t want to recreate the Olive Garden chicken and gnocchi soup and make it keto-fied?!) or put alfredo sauce or marinara sauce on top. How about a cheese sauce and make mac and cheese or you can always do a simple browned butter sauce like I am today!
- 1 1/3 cup mozzarella (I use a reduced fat because fresh or full fat has more difficulty mixing)
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons parmesan
1. Melt parmesan and mozzarella in microwave and mix with any seasonings.
2. Fold in egg yolks and mix completely
3. Place in fridge for 10 minutes
4. Bring a pot of water to a boil
5. Remove dough from fridge and place on an oiled silpat or parchment paper and oil hands as well in 3 pieces.
6. Roll out each dough ball into a strand around 12-15 inches long and it shaped kind of like a fat, long tootsie roll You can roll it out on the silpat or also in your hands.
7. Cut into 1 inch pieces and place in boiling water.
8. When they raise to the top you can either fry them in a pan to make the edges crispy, leave them plain or put them in a soup. Fried they aren’t quiet as pillowy as when they come out of the water as as they would be in a soup.