Before you do anything in life, you must always have a plan.
Especially if it’s a major goal.
In this case, you want to get a smaller waist and flat stomach. You must have a well designed workout plan that will help get you results.
This 28 day small waist and flat stomach challenge has everything you need.
As long as you’re willing to put in the work, consistency and dedication, your results are inevitable.
THE SMALL WAIST AND FLAT STOMACH PLAN
When it comes on to the abdominal region, it can become tricky if you don’t know what you’re doing.
This workout plan will use the power of strength training and cardio.
It has 4 exercises that will target every muscles within the abdominal area that will help to build and carve that sexy shape.
You need one 10-15 pound dumbbell.
This will add resistance for even more calorie burn.
After you complete the 4 exercises you will then do cardio, which you have to do to increase your calorie burn to maximize fat loss from all over your body.
As for the sets and reps, that will be given on the calendar below for each day.
So without further ado, let’s break down each workouts that you will be doing.
Here we go!
1. Bird dog crunch with dumbbell
If you have ever done bird dog before you will know that it’s a real core shredder.
It works muscles from obliques to your whole abdominal region.
With this version you’re going to add a dumbbell that will add more waist shaping power.
How to do it
- Start with your right knee and left hand supporting your body.
- Your left leg and right hand should be parallel to the ground.
- In your right hand you should be holding a dumbbell.
- You’re going to crunch with right hand and left leg pulling inwards.
- Hold the crunch position for 1 second while contracting your abs.
- Return to the starting position, repeat.
- Do the required reps for each side as on the calendar.
2. Plank elbow push-up
Not only will you be working your entire core with this exercise but you’ll be toning your upper body also.
The upper body contributes to your overall shape.
Therefore, if you want to have that sexy hourglass shape then your workouts must also target shoulders, back, arms, triceps and biceps.
How to do it
Get into the plank position using both elbows to support your upper body and legs straightened.
Now you’re going to slowly push up your body, straightening your arms and pause for 1 second.
After the pause slowly lower back to the starting position and repeat.
When performing this exercise make sure that your entire core is tightened.
3. Plank cross toe touch
First time doing this exercise? After you complete this move, you’re going to feel a contraction that you’re never felt before.
And that is a good feeling, which means that you’re contracting your core during motion.
It’s perfect for anyone who wants to sculpt a small sexy waistline.
How to do it
- Get into the plank position on all fours.
- Now you’re going to slowly push back while using your left hand to touch your right toe.
- Then go back to the starting position and do the same with your right hand touching your left toe.
- Do the required amount of sets and reps as listed on the calendar below.
Note: You don’t necessarily have to touch your toe but try to reach it as close as possible and contract your core during motion.
4. Flat crunch with dumbbell
For this exercise try to use a 15 pound dumbbell for more resistance.
This exercise will mainly target your lower abdominal region.
However, with this move your obliques will also benefit because of the extra resistance from using the dumbbell.
How to do it
- Lie flat on your back, legs straightened with both hands holding a dumbbell a few inches from your head on the floor.
- You’re going to slowly crunch, bringing your knees inwards and the weight over your head.
- Slowly return to the starting position and repeat.
Adding cardio after the workouts
By now, your whole core should be on fire.
Not to worry, that’s a good thing.
What you’re going to do now is rest for 5 minutes then get ready to perform cardio for an additional 10 minutes.
The cardio workout that you do can be completely your choice.
Just make sure that whatever activity or routine you choose will cause your heart rate to increase and cause lots of sweating.