These delicious low carb mini tarts are full of healthy fats and have only 2.4g carbs per serving. A fun keto fat bomb recipe.
Servings: 24 tarts
Calories: 281 kcal
- 2 cups macadamia nuts lightly toasted
- 1 cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/3 cup Swerve Sweetener
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 tbsp butter
- 3 oz unsweetened chocolate chopped
- 6 tbsp powdered Swerve Sweetener
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325F and grease a 24 mini-muffin or mini-tart pan.
- In a food processor, grind macadamia nuts until they resemble coarse crumbs. Do not overgrind or you will end up with macadamia nut butter.
- In a large bowl, whisk together ground macadamia nuts, shredded coconut, erythritol, xanthan gum, and salt. Stir in beaten egg, melted butter, and vanilla extract until dough begins to come together.
- Divide dough between prepared muffin cups and press into bottom and sides of each. Bake 14 minutes, or until tart shells are lightly browned. Remove from oven and let cool in pan 10 to 15 minutes. Using a sharp knife, gently loosen tart shells from pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Melt butter, chocolate, powdered erythritol and cocoa powder together in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring until smooth. Stir in vanilla extract. Spoon chocolate into prepared tart shells and let set, about 1 hour.
Serves 12. Each serving has 2.41g NET CARBS.
Food energy: 281kcal
Total fat: 27.94g
Calories from fat: 251
Total dietary fiber: 3.31g
Amount Per Serving (2 g) Calories 281 Calories from Fat 251 Total Fat 27.94g Cholesterol 20mg Total Carbohydrates 5.72g Dietary Fiber 3.31g Protein 2.86g